- National Programs
- National Programs Main Page
- NeighborWorks Awards
- NeighborWorks Week
- Community Building
- Excellence in Governance
- Financial Capability
- Green Organization Program
- Homeownership Programs
- NCHEC Training
- LIFT Programs
- Real Estate Programs
- Rural Initiative
- Stable Communities
- Success Measures
- Training and Certification
- Training Main Page
- Training Events Calendar
- Online Learning
- Place-Based Training
- Career Enhancement and Credentials
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Achieving Excellence
- Specialized Training
- Course Catalog
- Get Training Updates
- Foreclosure Resources
- Foreclosure Main Page
- Help for Homeowners
- Loan Scam Alert
- Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program
- Emergency Homeowners' Loan Program
- Foreclosure Solutions
- Foreclosure Training
- Community Stabilization
- News and Media
- About Us
- About Us Main Page
- Mission & Strategy
- Our Impact
- Board of Directors
- Financial Oversight, Audits and Reporting
- Legislative Information
- NeighborWorks Offices
- NeighborWorks Network
- Green Strategies
- NeighborWorks Gulf Coast Recovery
- Contracts & Consulting
- For Nonprofits
- For Consumers
NeighborWorks Professional Certificate Programs
- Affordable Housing Certificates
- Asset Management/Certified Housing Asset Manager (CHAM) Program
- Community Economic Development Certificate
- Community Engagement Certificate
- Community and Neighborhood Revitalization Certificate
- Construction and Rehab Certificates
- Homeownership and Community Lending Certificate
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership Certificates
Career Enhancement and Credentials
Elevate your professional standing and prospects while increasing your impact.
NeighborWorks America provides training opportunities that not only enhance the work you do every day...They enhance your career prospects as well. Our certificate programs, professional designations and certifications, and university collaboration will make you a better candidate for future job advancement -- a investment in your future that will pay off for you as well as the constituents you serve.
Professional Certificate Programs
NeighborWorks offers professional certificates in eight content areas that raise the bar for excellence in community development practice. With curriculum developed collaboratively by the training institute, expert community development practitioners and thought-leaders in the field, our professional certificate programs encourage continuous education and facilitate an exchange about cutting-edge issues and practices within the community development field. Learn more by exploring the links to the right.
Homeownership Education and Counseling Certifications
NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling ( NCHEC) offers five certifications for homeownership practitioners, and each meets the requirements of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling. NCHEC certification must be renewed every three years.
For more information about the different certifications, including the requirements to obtain or renew a certification and the application form for each, visit www.nw.org/nchec/certification.
Participants can earn a one-week certification in a number of specific skills related to community engagement, construction and rehab, and management and leadership. These certifications join existing homeownership and financial capability certifications offered through NCHEC.
For more information about the different certifications, including the requirements to obtain a certification and the application form for each, visit www.nw.org/cdcertification.
College Credit -- NeighborWorks America's Collaboration with Roger Williams University
Neighborworks is collaborating with Roger Williams University to turn NTI training hours into college credit. Whether you’re new to the training institute or you've successfully completed NTI training in the past five years, any and all of your certificates can be applied towards an Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
In addition to the NTI course completion qualifying as transferable credits, if you have any previous college experience, you may be eligible to transfer in up to 90 credits toward our degree program -- giving you the opportunity for an expedited degree/certificate conferment.
Before deciding if this partnership is right for you, consider the following points:
- With the 15% corporate discount given to NeighborWorks participants, you will save $211 in tuition per course;
- Learn in one of the only online classroom environments dedicated to Community Development;
- Receive “door-to-door” support from our academic advisors as they assist students from registration through Degree/Certificate completion;
- Create opportunities for advancement within your current career/organization.
If this sounds like a fit for you, or if you may have any questions about how it could be, email John Dunay at email@example.com to discuss more about how you can take advantage of the partnership between RWU and Neighborworks America.
Questions? Call us at (800)438-5547 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.