- National Programs
- National Programs Main Page
- National Homeownership Programs
- NeighborWorks Awards
- NeighborWorks Week
- Real Estate Programs
- Center for Foreclosure Solutions
- NCHEC Training
- Community Building & Organizing
- Financial Capability
- HomeOwnership Centers
- Rural Initiative
- Success Measures
- Excellence in Governance
- Green Organization Program
- Stable Communities Initiative
- Training and Certification
- Training Main Page
- Training Events Calendar
- Online Learning
- Place-Based Training
- Career Enhancement and Credentials
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Achieving Excellence
- Specialized Training
- Course Catalog
- Get Training Updates
- Foreclosure Resources
- Foreclosure Main Page
- Help for Homeowners
- Loan Scam Alert
- National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program
- Emergency Homeowners' Loan Program
- Foreclosure Solutions
- Foreclosure Training
- Community Stabilization
- News and Media
- About Us
- About Us Main Page
- Mission & Strategy
- Our Impact
- Board of Directors
- Financial Oversight, Audits and Reporting
- Legislative Information
- NeighborWorks Offices
- NeighborWorks Network
- Green Strategies
- NeighborWorks Gulf Coast Recovery
- Contracts & Consulting
- For Nonprofits
- For Consumers
|"By far the information and trainers exceeded my expectations. My experience was filled with solid information, group participation, and superb presentation.
|[The trainers] each did a wonderful job. The information was presented in a way that was understandable, with examples that breathed life into the terminology.
|This was my first training opportunity with NeighborWorks America and I look forward to future opportunities. Keep up the good work. You are providing tools to help us all impact our agencies, clients and communities.
Thank you again!"
- NCHEC Training Participant
NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling (NCHEC)
NCHEC, the NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling, promotes sustainable homeownership by supporting the industry’s educators and counselors. Through its training programs, professional certifications and other tools and resources, NCHEC increases the number of qualified homeownership professionals who are prepared to help people realize the dream of lifelong homeownership.
Training and NCHEC Certification
NCHEC provides a wide variety of training opportunities and NCHEC certifications, reaching thousands of professionals each year through the nationally-acclaimed NeighborWorks Training Institute, local place-based training events and online learning. Many scholarships are available to make training possible for more nonprofits.
NCHEC's training courses ensure that practitioners are able to help their clients navigate all phases of the homeownership process and are up to date with the best information and skills – from housing counseling and financial literacy to loan servicing and collection, foreclosure intervention and much more.
Tools and Resources
NCHEC offers tools and resources that provide vital information for counselors and consumers alike.
- CounselorMax client management software: State-of-the-art, web-based software for counselors needing to track client servicing
- Realizing the American Dream: The definitive pre-purchase homebuyer education manual, in consumer and trainer versions
- Keeping the American Dream: A manual with everything a homeowner needs to know to remain secure in their new home purchase.
- www.KeysToMyHome.org: Pre-purchase homebuyer education made easy, with tons of useful information, calculators and more
National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling
Building on effective practices nationwide, a broad group of housing industry partners, including the NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling, developed the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling. These standards are helping practitioners and organizations serve families and communities with consistent service and professional excellence.